From 26th -30th June, BioPRIA representatives attended the 17th Conference of the International Association of Colloid and Interface Scientists (IACIS 2022) in Brisbane, Australia. It has been a great opportunity for us to showcase BioPRIA’s research through five presentations and one poster from our students (Simin Miri, Craig Stocker, Hans Cainglet) and postdoctoral fellows (Dr Christine Browne, Dr David Mendoza and Dr Mostafa Dehghani). This week was full of discussions with the scientists from around the world investigating colloid and interface science in all its many forms.
The presentations & poster are titled:
- Selecting Cellulose Nanocrystals For A Desired Application: The Importance Of Size And Surface Chemistry, by Dr Christine Browne.
- Application Of Cellulose Membrane-based Of Molecularly Imprinted Mesoporous Silica In The Selective Detection Of Chloramphenicol, by Simin Miri.
- Chemical Modification Of Carboxymethyl Cellulose Using Green Diglycidyl Ethers For Sustainable Materials, by Craig Stocker.
- Novel Gel Point Determination Using Rheological Entanglement Approach, by Hans Cainglet.
- Thermo-responsive Poly(n-isopropylacrylamide) Grafted From Cellulose Nanofibers Via Silver-promoted Decarboxylative Radical Polymerization, by Dr David Mendoza.
- Photocatalytic degradation of organic compounds using a ZnO/CNF catalytic sun-flow system, by Dr Mostafa Dehghani.